Registering a charity for the competition
To register for the competition, the organization must be a registered charity in good standing with the Canada Revenue Agency. The organization must deliver funds and/or other non-financial support to member of the Guelph Wellington community/communities.
Who can participate?
To participate as a voter in any stage of the Oak Tree Project competition, you need to reside in Canada, and be a permanent Canadian resident or citizen of Canada. If you are under the age of 18 you need to have approval by a parent or guardian.
Individuals can vote once per charity. You cannot vote on behalf of other people. Proxy voting is not allowed.
To register a charity for the competition:
- You must be the executive director of the charity or otherwise authorized to act on the charity’s behalf
- You must not be an employee or immediate family member (i.e. spouse, child parent or sibling regardless of where he/she lives) of any the promotion or development partners of The Mactaggart Family involved with the Oak Tree Project.
(applies to both projects and individual votes)
- Your submission in support of one of the participating charities cannot include any mention of any specific individual, company, brands, or products for commercial purposes or promotion.
- The Oak Tree Project should not be exploited for commercial use or promotion. Submissions that are connected to for-profit business ventures or that financially compensate a submission creator beyond fair wage are not eligible to win the Oak Tree Project and may be removed at any point during the competition.
- Your submission cannot contain any trademarks or other material owned by a third party without the express written permission of that third party.
- Your submission cannot contain any offensive, obscene, or sexually suggestive material, propaganda, potentially misleading information, or defamatory or disparaging material about other people or companies, or endorse any form of hate or hate group or terrorist activity.
- The outcome of your submission cannot result in discrimination on the basis of gender, race, religion, creed, national origin, disability, handicap, age, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law, as determined in the sole discretion of The Oak Tree Project.
- Submissions that promote religious advocacy, attempt to convert people to another religion, or attempt to expand membership are not eligible to win the The Oak Tree Project and may be removed at any point throughout the competition.
- Your submission cannot support any particular political party or affiliated group.
- Your submission cannot directly promote or speak negatively about any particular faith, political action, legislation or party, or promote or encourage the violation of any law, as determined in the sole discretion of The Oak Tree Project.
- Your submission cannot promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, as determined in the sole discretion of The Oak Tree Project.
- Your submission cannot relate to controversial subject matter or any subject that is contrary to the interests of The Oak Tree Project, as determined in the sole discretion of The Oak Tree Project.
- The Oak Tree Project reserves the right, at its sole discretion, at any time and at any stage of the submission, judging, or voting process, to disqualify any submission that does not comply with the requirements set forth in these Terms and Conditions, or if the participant is not in full compliance with these Terms and Conditions, or if The Oak Tree Project reasonably determines that it would be necessary or appropriate to disqualify any submission to avoid potential liability to The Oak Tree Project, to maintain the integrity of the The Oak Tree Project , or to protect the welfare of The Oak Tree Project and its customers, or The Oak Tree Project or its participants.
- The posting of any submission on the The Oak Tree Project website does not guarantee advancement to any of the subsequent phases. A submission that does not meet the eligibility criteria will not qualify for funding. If The Oak Tree Project determines a submission does not meet eligibility criteria at any point in the competition, the submission will be eliminated from competing and will not receive any compensation.