While our Grand Prize winner is hard at work, the donations continue to flow with the monthly Acorn Prizes and $5,000 Seedling Grant at our Grand Finale.
Here’s How it Works
- We’ll write a $500 “Acorn Prize” cheque to one charity per month between January and May 2019
- All charities in Guelph and Wellington (including semi finalists and finalists from the grand prize) will be invited to submit ONE proposal at OakTreeGuelph.ca about how $500 can help address
an immediate need
- Charities can submit their request between November 15 and December 15, 2018 at oaktreeguelph.ca
- We’ll randomly draw five applications per month for public voting, and will notify the finalists on the first Monday of each month
- You’ll spend the week asking your supporters to get ready to vote!
- Voting will be active each month from the second Monday at 8am to the third Friday at 8pm
- Acorn prizes announced following Tuesday
- Acorn votes do not require a story, but do require a voter’s first/last name and email address
- Highest vote count wins Acorn prize ($500), and we reset
- If you didn’t win one month, you’ll go back into the running for the next month
When you apply for the Acorn prize you can also choose to apply for the $5,000 Seedling Prize!
- To be eligible, when you apply for the Acorn Prize charities must also answer 3 questions:
– Your Idea (250 words max)
– Implementation plan (250 words max)
– Expected impact and how you’ll measure (250 words max)
- Regardless of whether you make it into an Acorn prize round, you’re automatically eligible for the Seedling Prize
- Our panel of community judges will score all Seedling entries
- The Seedling Prize winner’s total score will be comprised of votes received during the June 2019 finale event (50%) and the Judges’ scores (50%)
Submissions must be made between November 1 and December 15, 2018.